Monday 25 May 2009

US window on Conductive Education

The US CE portal is still not live due to technical difficulties, I understand. As I said before setting up such a website must involve collecting and collating an enormous amount of information, finding appropriate software for all the different aspects. Just getting this blog to operate as I wish can be a duel between me and the computer, so I have great sympathy and admiration for anyone who tries anything more complicated.
Let us hope it will be up and running soon.

2 comments:

Ben Foulger said...

Tsk, announcing live dates before you have sorted the technology is not very clever and is a good way of making sure that something won't work! Fingers crossed that they can get it fixed as I am looking froward to seeing what they have done.

B.

Andrew said...

Beats me, Gill. I thought that discusssion forms are readily available on the Net, as freeware. Certainly quite few CE centres (not least in the US) have discussion forums appended.

So has ACENA.

The problem in CE, everywhere, has been in getting people to post on them!

Technology or the hunan factor, Ben has pointed to a PR golden rule: never promise anything unless you're absolutely certain to be able to deliver (rare on a shoestring) or unless you absolutely have to!