Wednesday 30 June 2010

No triumph no tragedy

By accident I heard the last fifteen minutes of a radio programme yesterday morning, and it gave me much to think about. To quote the BBC website:
Peter White meets Tony Judt, the acclaimed historian of post-war Europe.  Eighteen months ago, Tony - an active, sporty 60-plus - was diagnosed with a severe form of Motorneurone Disease, leaving him able to do little more than think. Paralysed from the neck down, Tony needs 24 hour care and relies on other people for all his physical needs.


His mind however, is his own, and has been extraordiarily busy


http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00strxn

It will be available via the above URL on the Internet for the next six days.  I think it is something everyone should listen to.

3 comments:

Judit Szathmáry said...

Deeply inspired. Gill thank you for drawing our attention to this radio clip.
Judit

Susie Mallett said...

Thank you Gill

Susie

Gillian Maguire said...

Thanks for your comments. It gave me a lot to think about how I live my life.