Sunday 10 March 2013

Are you being served?

On the front page of this blog is a note in the right hand column stating:

      Welcome!

         Please contact me if you think that I can help in any way with
         information on books, articles, papers, news on Conductive
         Education. If I can't help, I will know someone who can!
        Email me at gmaguire1@yahoo.co.uk
 
 
Over the past few years I have been happy to help with any information that I can and have responded to enquiries from parents, conductors, centre managers, and potential service users all over the world, sometimes at length and providing a variety of links, references etc.

This week I had a reponse thanking me for information I had sent.

 I was really pleased, and then  realised that this was unusual because once my reply has gone out, sometimes with documents attached, I rarely receive any acknowledgment, or even thanks. If I have not helped in the way hoped for, I never know. If the information  has been useful, I still don't know. This is leading me to wonder whether this service is not satisfactory and perhaps not worth continuing with, or not appreciated.

Constructive feedback would be very welcome and help me to respond appropriately the next time.

What else can I do? 

2 comments:

Ben Foulger said...

Know that some of us know how valuable you are and appreciate everything that you do, whether we always say it or not.

B.

Gillian Maguire said...

Thanks very much, that is very good to know.