Tuesday 29 October 2013

Problems with keeping Workplace map up to date

The introduction of the Conductors' Workplace Map has been generally welcomed and gets regular visits which is good to know. Since it was first posted earlier this year I have attempted to add new places and note any changes in the details of those already entered so that it is useful. 

Out of date information is no good to anyone.

I asked  you all to help with this by letting me know openings and closures of places and I have had a number of responses which allowed me to up date information on the map. As much information as possible  - name of centre, contact person, postal address, website and email, services for children and/or adults - makes it easier to include.

To insert a pin in the map for a place, I need to know the full postal address so that map co-ordinates can be found to make sure the pin goes in the right place. In most cases this has been provided and the pin duly inserted. Recently a lady from New York advised me that she was involved in a new centre about to open and I hoped to put a pin in the map for her, but I cannot do this without the necessary information. Hopefully she will send it soon.

I realised the other day that the website of the Cork Centre for Conductive Education was no longer up on the Internet and I have no email to try and contact them. Does anyone know if it has moved,  still operating, or closed?  I am about to note it as closed on  the map and will be delighted to put it back if it is still 'alive'. 

Please keep helping me with updates so I can make the information as current as possible.

I cannot do it without you.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Mystery New York service.

Might this be it?

http://www.ihopenyc.org/program-descriptions/

A.

Gillian Maguire said...

Yes, thanks. I have now received the relevant details and it has a pin in the map.