Tuesday 2 December 2008

Blogging: it's a start!

I've just read the comment on Andrew's blog by Becky about her reasons for starting a blog, stopping and starting again. For her it rested on the question whether someone, anyone would want to read it rather than on the writing itself. Could it be interesting to others? This I imagine is quite a common feeling as going public can leave you open to all sorts of things, some good and some not so good. It certainly was a factor in my decision to start this blog and Andrew convinced me to give it a go. Despite the paucity of comments, I don't regret it - yet!

Perhaps this feeling of not producing something 'readable' or 'interesting' could be the reason why the literature of CE is not more extensive. Why should you write what everyone knows? I'm not doing anything new or amazing so there is no need for me to write it down, is there? These are probably some of the words that flit through a lot of people's minds. Blogs are a good way of getting thoughts, ideas, events and developments down in an informal way, which hopefully may lead on to more formal reporting, discussion and analysis and encourage others to join in with comments or even start their own blog.

As I am always saying - it would be a start!

1 comment:

Susie Mallett said...

Gill, it seems like you are doing a brilliant job on your blog of encouraging all the rest of us to keep at it.
I hope you keep at it too, I love it when I see there is a new posting from the library! I usually hope it may be a new snippet about angels or AP.

By the way, the children are loving Stinky Stig he has settled down well having been restuffed after his journey and he will be featuring again on my blog very soon. Thanks for the inspiration for the name!