Sunday 19 May 2013

Availability of papers on Conductive Education read at conferences

Today I read a posting  by Susie Mallett about a cerebral palsy conference in Bled. 
 
 
She notes that there was a presentation made by a conductor, Gabriella Czifra, who also chaired the first plenary session, and asks where she can find out more information about the presentation.
 
These days conference proceedings are not always published as many presentations are made using Powerpoint and not written up as they would once have been, so only those present at the conference are aware of events or developments in the field. It made me wonder yet again, how often presentations and participation by conductors occur in conferences which go unnoticed or unreported. 
 
 In the past I have asked people either to send me copies of their presentations so that I may include them in the Depository on Conduction's website,
 
 
or let me know of any plans to publish elsewhere on the Internet or in hard copy.
 
Can I repeat that request again?  In particular, can I ask you, Gabriella, to send me your presentation so that it can be placed in the Depository and be available to a much wider audience?
 
 Surely it is so important for the future of Conductive Education  to write, publish and record developments?

5 comments:

Rony Schenker, OTR, PhD, Tsad Kadima, Israel said...

Very good point Gill...and on time!

Gillian Maguire said...

Thanks, Rony. I do wish such papers could be shared and made widely accessible especially as it is so difficult geographically and financially to get to conferences.

Gillian Maguire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabi said...

Dear Gillian,

I will be happy to send you a copy of the presentation of course and if you think it would be useful - also can write a short summary on the conference in Slovenia as well:)

Gillian Maguire said...

That would be wonderful, Gabi. Please do email me a copy of both presentations if possible, and I will put them in Conduction's despository.