Monday 6 May 2013

No news is not good news

Since April 2009 I have been posting lists of Conductive Education news items on this blog. Gradually these have developed into lists of fundraising activities for services all over the world, rather than interesting feature articles, developments etc.
 
 Why this has happened, I don't know.
 
Perhaps newspapers and magazines have turned to other things, the latest education theories, therapies for instance, and lost interest in CE. Perhaps those in CE aren't so active in publicising their work or submitting articles to magazines.
 
 I do not know how much interest there has been in the brief items I have been listing,  as I have not had feedback for them.
 
Therefore, rather reluctantly, I have decided  to cease producing such lists and just blog separately any newsworthy story as it is published.  If anyone has a good interesting story or article published please do let me know (in case I am unaware of it), and then I will be happy to blog it.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Conductive Education no longer news? Hard to credit this, but it does seem so.

Of course, one could link on the bright side and say that this is an index of just how 'ordinary',' everyday' CE has become, no longer to be described as 'controversial' like it so often once was.

On the other hand, it could mean that the controversies are done, the excitement is over, and there is nothing of general interest in the routine business of tiny disability services among so many others.

Either way, I do hope that you will archive those lists, publicly accessible.