Monday 22 September 2008

Visitors

I have been away on holiday without quite being able to forget CE and all things Hungarian as I found a Magyar menu at a taverna on Corfu and saw an aerovista travel bus from Budapest at Stonehenge - perhaps these things have always been around and I just notice them now. Still its nice to be back and also be back to welcome a visitor.

Visitors are always welcome at the Library and tend to come in fits and starts (a bit like buses), and arrive from all over the world. This year they have come from Hong Kong, New Zealand, Hungary and of course, the UK. My visitor this week is from Canada, working for March of Dimes in Toronto and is a graduate of the BA Conductive Education course with qualified conductor status, started in 1997. She is here for her professional development in all aspects of running CE services and hopes to update her knowledge of the CE literature too. There has been quite a lot of items added to the library since she was last here so should be able to take a number of relevant references and possibly photocopies back with her.

If you are in the area or can manage to include a visit, you will be very welcome and it would be a pleasure to show you around the unique collection of material on CE that is here.

My last posting included some references to recent journal articles and I did receive requests for copies of them. It is all part of the library service to provide such copies but I do need to point out that for legal reasons (the Copyright Act of the UK) I do have to make a small charge but I hope this will not put people off, as having photocopies may be the only way of accessing the collection here.

No comments: