Friday 6 March 2009

Interesting development

An item in the CE News in the left hand column reports an interesting development in Conductive Education for the UK.

A parent has managed to secure a CE input to her son's life by persuading the local authority to start a special unit. I think this is a first for secondary aged children in this country and offers a precedent for other parents wishing to have the same service for their children. I know that Paces in Sheffield provides some services for this age group but the local authority is not involved.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

At Paces LEAS ARE involved and pay the FULL cost of the secondary aged children since 2005.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Gabor. I had not been aware of this and it is good to know that this age group is getting some services paid for in this way. Let's hope that the number grows and more LEAs feel able to pay.