Friday 29 October 2010

Computer problems

This week I have been experiencing computer problems which have resulted in my having to buy a new machine. Not what I wanted to do at all!  It is the same with  all modern inventions, we use them all the time without thinking, and then feel bereft when they are no longer working. This  then causes amazement that they are so important to us. What shall I do with myself?

Now  I am having to write this blog from my local public library, sitting in a long line with other people, a very strange experience as I am used to sitting at home on my own. But what a wonderful service, free and in a nice warm cosy place.

I hope to have my new machine up and running early next week, and be back on line again with a new posting.

3 comments:

Susie Mallett said...

I am having computer problems too. Mine is still working but only just, there are a lot of wierd noises coming out of it with more new ones appearing every day.

It is a laptop, now seven years old so I am not complaining, especially as I bought it in Lidl! It has done its job really well.

I am determined not to be in the same boat as you now find yourself in and today I have taken the big step of ordering its replacement before I get stuck without one.

I am not prepared to be without.

What a funny world we now live in. But it is a wide open world since I discovered computing and I love it!

Enjoy your new machine.

Susie

andrew said...

Synchronicity, mine is also giving me grief.

I, we, shall soldier on at least till w=Xmas. We have apact that I shall get it to Hong Kong while it still lives, and blog together from that Congress.

And anyway, sentiment aside, I can't presently stretch to a new one.

Andrew.

Gillian Maguire said...

Thanks for these word of support, Susie and Andrew. Hopefully I will be back to normal next week with a depleted bank balance, but hey, you can't take it with you, as they say!!!