Sunday 27 March 2011

Update re the Virtual Catalogue and Repository

A few months ago I started moving the virtual catalogue on my blog at http://www.virtualcelibrary.blogspot.com/    

 to a new page on Conduction's website at


and now  253 items have been added  with more still waiting, but please note that this task will be never ending as I discover more items on the Internet.

I hope to be able to post a selection of items recently added regularly to give you an idea of the types and numbers of material available via the catalogue.

A Repository has also been set up. This will include the full text of documents which have not been published and are unavailable elsewhere. Items will be listed in the searchable catalogue -  a fine resource for those wishing to read more about Conductive Education. 

I have several waiting to be included and last week Andrew Sutton alerted me to the possibility of another, a paper being delivered to a conference in the US. :-

   DeCleene, K, DePoy, L. Can Occupational Therapists Enhance a Conductive Education Program with Sensory Integration for Children with Cerebral Palsy? 24th Annual Dean's Occupational Therapy Research Conference. Saint Louis, MO, March 2011.

I have been in touch with Kate DeCleene and she has agreed to send me a copy when the final draft is complete. This is wonderful and made me wonder if there are any more such papers, presentations that could also go into the Repository. If you know of any, or have papers of your own, please do let me know.

Naturally it will take time to get  everything up, but I am working at it as time is what I have plenty of at the moment!

Please do let me know what you think of this project and how useful it is for you.

Feedback of any kind is very welcome.

No comments: