Thursday 7 February 2013

New virtual map showing conductors' workplaces

My previous posting mentioned that I was intending to update the lists of conductors' workplaces with a request for information on any changes known by anyone. I did receive a few responses which were helpful. Thank you.
 
For the last week I have been busy updating the information accordingly. This has been quite along job involving a lot of checking on the Internet! Librarians don't just work with books and journals etc.
 
   The exciting thing is that this information is no longer in a list format on the side of my blog but now on a world map with a pin indicating each location. Ben Foulger has set this up on his new website www.intelligentlove.org
 
 I have entered  nearly 200 places so far and there a still a lot waiting to go on.

The map can be 'asked' to show services available for children, or adults, or both, and there is a search option that can be used to show locations for  a particular country, or a particular centre. Do use the help page for further guidance and information.

I have checked all the details as far as I can and hope that people will write to me to correct any wrong  information, notify me of any missing places and any that no longer employ conductors.

Do go and have a look and see what you think, and let me know!

http://intelligentlove.org/InstitutionList/view_map.php

No comments: